After 4 previous visits, Ibiza feels like home to me and I am so glad that not much has changed since my last visit. Tourism has not ruined the island. You may have seen some photos on my Instagram already! These are my Ibiza tips, including hidden gems, the best beach clubs, hotspots, car rental options, restaurants and hotels! For a unique stay on this special island, without tripping over drunk party tourists who like to present you their underwear…
If you are Dutch and you are reading this blog post in English, just tap the menu button to change the language to Dutch!
This blogpost contains affiliate links, so I earn a small commission when you book through my website, at no extra cost to you! So thank you if you book your accommodation through my website!
Best hotels and accommodations Ibiza:
I find this always the biggest challenge. A lot of hotels are way too expensive for me. My first choice is usually Airbnb. When you are travelling with a group, or just with 1 friend, you will always find a great place here. Ibiza is a popular destination so start looking for a place to stay as soon as you know you want to go. I always try to find a home away from home close to Santa Gertrudis or San Rafael, because these towns are centrally located on the island. Some people prefer the quiet North, others the lively South… We stayed at the lovely Can Sastre. This is a true paradise! The interior and property is like a dream…
Can Sastre / Ibiza Tips / best hotels
If you are looking for an affordable hotel, check out Hotel Can Marquet close to Santa Gertrudis. I absolutely loved my stay here. It is an adults only hotel, has a perfect location and a swimming pool with comfortable daybeds that will make you not want to leave the hotel anymore…
Hotel Can Marquet / Ibiza Tips / best hotels
Sol Beach House is another great option. A lot bigger than Can Marquet though. We stayed here with a Hotelgift Card. You can use this card at over 110.000 hotels worldwide. Almost nothing makes me happier than spending a night in a lovely hotel! You can give the Hotelgift Card personally or by e-mail.
Pool at Sol Beach House / Ibiza Tips / best hotels
Car rental Ibiza
Ibiza is best explored by car! I love driving around the island and find undiscovered beaches and restaurants. Get yourself a car that can handle some of the dirt roads on the island! I always rent my car at Sunny Cars and love their service. They upgraded us to a Citroën Cactus, the size of a Jeep! Yaasss!
Tropicana / Ibiza Tips / best things to do
Best things to do Ibiza:
1. Go road tripping and discover hidden gems, empty beaches and local restaurants.
2. Visit the night market at Las Dalias.
3. Go to the sunday market in San Juan and have lunch at The Giri Café after your visit.
4. Book a Sunset Paddle Surf Tourl! THIS is a great paddle & snorkel excursion too!
Airbnb Experience: Sunset Paddle Boarding / Ibiza Tips / best things to do
5. Visit Ibiza old town: Dalt Vila. I had a lovely lunch in Ibiza city at tapas bar Emporio.
6. Relax on a comfortable daybed at Tropicana, my favorite beach club, get a deep tissue massage at George in the back and treat yourself to some delicious paella & cava sangria at Yemanja nextdoor.
7. Drive to a beautiful lookout point to see magical Es Vedra. There are a lot of stories & legends about this magnetic rock formation.
8. Have drinks and/ or dinner at Los Enamorados and visit the hysterical, colorful shop, with unique finds for your home and beautiful clothing.
9. Shop at Sluiz. This store is an experience… You will feel COMPLETELY overwhelmed by all the cool items for your home! The parking area will bring a smile to your face…
Los Enamorados / Ibiza Tips / best restaurants
10. Watch a movie at an open air movie night at Amante! Wrap yourself in a snuggy, lay down on the comfortable bean bags, try to get the popcorn in your mouth and sip on a glass of cava, while you hear the sound of the ocean next to you and enjoy the movie. Book ahead!
11. Take a ferry to visit Formentera. Spend the night here if you can, because this island is so beautiful! Click HERE for photos and a full post about my visit.
Best restaurants ibiza:
I always discover new favorite spots on the island. Cala Bonita is my absolute number one of this trip! This was by far the best lunch I had. Wow! The cocktails are dangerously good. Try the Coconut Mojito or/ and the Gin Basil Fizz! I read some comments online that the road to get to the restaurant was tricky, but this was no problem at all! No sweaty moustache for me. The food is divine. Try the mussels and the fresh, spicy ceviche! Every dish was DELICIOUS and the fish is so fresh! Cala Bonita is not the cheapest, but worth every penny! I’ll be back for more…
3 photos above: Cala Bonita / Ibiza / best restaurants
Another lovely find is new restaurant Can Mussonet in San Rafael! This spot is great for dinner because of the romantic setting outside. Try the ceviche! Prices are friendly. For a glass of wine you will pay about €3,-. Check out the special way they put the reservations on the tables…
Friends told me I HAD TO VISIT Aubergine! This new restaurant, run by the owners of Atzáro, looks beautiful. I would recommend visiting the restaurant for dinner, because it was extremely quiet during our lunch visit… The food is amazing. On the menu you find tasty vegetarian dishes, but meat options too. Prices are excellent. For a main course you pay between €17,- and €26,-. Try the passionfruit cheesecake…
What not to do:
Stay away from Sant Antoni & Playa Den Bossa, unless you feel amazing in places like Salou and Lloret de Mar… While you try to enjoy your morning coffee, you will trip over half naked, drunk party people, who can’t walk anymore and somehow lost their underwear… You can catch an STD simply by inhaling some air here….joy;-).
I hope you enjoy these Ibiza tips and that you will make some memories you will remember forever! Let me know how your trip was!
The best flights to Ibiza
I like to book my flights with Vueling #nospon. The rates and felixibility are excellent. I changed my dates 2 times already after booking without an additional fee and the app is super easy to use!
THE BEST FLIGHTS TO IBIZA